Cloud Height Simulator for CHM 8k
The Lufft cloud simulator enables the user to quality check the ceilometer CHM 8k in lab and in the field.
The simulator is deployed on the top of the ceilometer covering the optical outlet and inlet. A photo diode receives the laser impulse emitted by the ceilometer and, after a certain delay, an integrated LED sends an optical signal back to the ceilometer.
The time span between receiving and sending the signal correlates with the base cloud that the ceilometer shall detect. The duration of the simulator LED pulse corresponds to a cloud thickness.
The characteristics of this simulated cloud is stated in the simulator manual and must be compared with the data output of the ceilometer. The result shows the user if the ceilometer still works in an appropriate way.
The simulator is controlled with an Android tablet using Bluetooth communication or by using serial communication (RS485). The app allows switching between different clouds and in the expert mode the simulation of background light emitted from additional LEDs. Although the simulator works out of the box, the mounting adapter allows a fine tuning in the angle. The UMB communication protocol is embedded in the simulator.
- The Lufft CH Simulator is an on-site calibration equipment to check the measurement accuracy of the cloud height of the ceilometer CHM 8k.
- 8349.SIM, 8349.SIMc, 8349.SIMco
Product variants - CHM Simulator
We offer a few variants of the CHM Simulator for simulation of cloud height:
- CHM Simulatior - Scope of delivery: CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, User Manual (Article no. 8349.SIM)
- CHM Simulator, incl. Case - Scope of delivery: CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, Case, Power Cable 10m, incl. cig plug connector (optional: 24V power supply), User Manual (Article no. 8349.SIMco)
- CHM Simulator, incl. Case & Tablet - Scope of delivery: Tablet incl. CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, Case, Power Cable 10m, incl. cig plug connector (optional: 24V power supply), User Manual (Article no. 8349.SIMc)
Brochure - Lufft - Cloud Height Detection (DE/EN)
Brochure - Lufft - Image brochure (EN)
Image Brochure with description of all Lufft market segments
Manual - Lufft - CHM Simulator (EN)
Software - UMB Config Tool
|Adjustable cloud depth range||100 m … 14900 m / 328 ft … 48883 ft|
|Power supply||10 VDC...28 VDC on the sensor|
|Power input||Ca. 3 VA|
|Type of protection||IP 68 (IEC/ EN 60529:2000)|
|Dimensions||110 x 200 x 100 mm|
|Admissible storage temperature||-40... +60 °C|
|Ambient temperature||-20 °C … +40 °C|
|Operating rel. humidity||0...95 % RH (non - condensing)|
|Interface||Bluetooth (Required for communication via CH-Simulator-App)
RS485 half-duplex, galvanically isolated
|Containing||CH - Simulator, CHM adaptor frame, 10 m power cable incl. cig plug connector|
|Software||CH – Simulator App, Config Tool.net|