CHM 15k Simulator for Cloud Height Simulation
The Lufft CHM Simulator simulates the cloud height for the ceilometer CHM 15k in order to check its measurement accuracy.
The simulator has to be deployed on the top of the ceilometer covering the laser inlet. One of the five LEDs receives the laser impulse emitted by the ceilometer and, after a certain time has passed, sends an optical signal back to the ceilometer simulating it via the 4 other LEDs.
The time span between receiving and sending the signal as well as the time of flight of the return signal going back to the ceilometer shall correlate with a signal of an actual cloud. The characteristics of this simulated cloud can be determined by using the included CHM Simulator Application. Using the app, which shall be installed on a standard android based tablet, the user can select the cloud height and depth according to its preference. The app communicates via Bluetooth with the CHM Simulator.
Furthermore, the strength of the d.c. light/background light can be chosen in order to check how the ceilometer can manage disturbances caused by background light. The results of this ceilometer-check can be read out directly at the ceilometer instrument. Some of the results are also given out by the app (laser frequency) or can be accessed via the embedded UMB protocol.
- The Lufft CHM Simulator is an on-site calibration equipment to check the measurement accuracy of the cloud height for the ceilometer CHM 15k
- 8350.SIM, 8350.SIMc, 8350.SIMco
Product variants - CHM Simulator
We offer a few variants of the CHM Simulator for simulation of cloud height:
- CHM Simulatior - Scope of delivery: CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, User Manual (Article no. 8350.SIM)
- CHM Simulator, incl. Case - Scope of delivery: CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, Case, Power Cable 10m, incl. cig plug connector (optional: 24V power supply), User Manual (Article no. 8350.SIMco)
- CHM Simulator, incl. Case & Tablet - Scope of delivery: Tablet incl. CHM Simulator App, CHM Simulator Adaptor Frame, Case, Power Cable 10m, incl. cig plug connector (optional: 24V power supply), User Manual (Article no. 8350.SIMc)
Brochure - Lufft - Cloud Height Detection (DE/EN)
Brochure - Lufft - Image brochure (EN)
Image Brochure with description of all Lufft market segments
Manual - Lufft - CHM Simulator (EN)
Video - CHM15k: Applications with the Cloud Height Sensor CHM15k
Video - CHM15k: Technical Introduction of the Ceilometer CHM 15k
|Power supply||10 VDC...28 VDC on the sensor|
|Power input||Ca. 3 VA|
|Dimensions||110 x 200 x 100 mm|
|Admissible storage temperature||-40...70 °C|
|Operating rel. humidity||0...95 % RH (non - condensing)|
|Permissible ambient temperature||-40...70 °C|
|Operating rel. humidity||0...100 % RH|
|Interface||RS485, 2 wire, half - duplex, bluetooth|
|Containing||CHM - Simulator, CHM Simulator adaptor frame, 10 m power cable incl. cig plug connector (optional: 24 V power supply), user manual|
|Software||CHM - Simulator App (available online at Google Play Store)|