Cloud Height & Snow Depth Sensors
Not only in winter sports snow height is considered an important parameter. On transport routes and railway systems measuring the snow height is equally important. The laser based snow height sensors deliver quick and reliable information about snow height and ground reflectivity. How high are the clouds? How many cloud layers are detected? Is the cloud detection limited by precipitation or mist? These are questions among others around the topics of clouds and visibility which meteorology is dealing with. An answer is delivered by cloud height meters / ceilometers which work with lidar technology.
The laser-based snow depth sensor Lufft SHM31 stands for millimeter-accurate snow level detection over long distances in all weather conditions without any maintenance, due to opto-electronic/laser based rangefinder technology.
The laser-based snow depth sensor Lufft SHM 31 stands for millimeter-accurate snow level detection over long distances in all weather conditions without any maintenance, due to opto-electronic/laser based rangefinder technology.
- Snow depth
- opto-electronic measuring technique (rangefinder; laser distance sensor) with eye-safe laser
- Determination of snow depth over long distances, heating options allow high quality measurements in all weather conditions, simplified installation due to automatic inclination angle compensation
- RS485 & RS232 with UMB, UMB-ASCII 2.0 & SDI12 protocol
Compact, reliable and cost-efficient - Accurate measurement of snow depth / snow height sensor SHM30 based on an opto-electronic distance sensor / laser rangefinder technology.
Compact, reliable and cost-efficient. The SHM30 snow depth sensor reliably determines snow depths up to 10 meter within seconds and with Millimeter precision, due to opto-electronic/laser based rangefinder technology.
- Snow depth
- opto-electronic measuring technique with eye-safe laser sensor
- Determination of snow depth over long distances, MTBF (meantime between failure) >40.000h, allows discrimination between snow and grass, very compact and weatherproof housing
- RS232, RS422, analogue output
The LIDAR-based cloud height sensor / ceilometer CHM8k is prepared to work throughout the year and in any climate
The LIDAR-based CHM8k ceilometer detects aerosol profiles & structures, cloud bases, penetration depths, vertical visibility and the sky condition index in up to 8 km.
- Aerosol backscatter profile, cloud base height, cloud penetration depth, aerosol layer height, cloud cover, vertical visibility, Sky Condition Index
- Optical (LIDAR)
- Measuring range of up to 8 km (26.246 ft), simple & eye-safe, service-friendly due to modularity, various data telegrams, sensitivity in the range of the Lufft CHM 15k, suitable for the most demanding environments
- RS485 (ASCII communication), LAN (Web-Interface, (S-)FTP, NetTools); optional: DSL modem, RS232 for service
The LIDAR-based cloud height sensor / ceilometer CHM 15k is prepared to work throughout the year and in any climate
Exact results due to high sensitivity of the used lidar sensor technology! Reliable and accurate results at any time of the day or night are ensured by long-life laser sources, filters with narrow bandwidth and high-sensitivity photodetectors.
- Cloud heights, cloud coverage, height of the mixture layer, boundary layer
- Optical (LIDAR)
- Measuring range up to 15 km (50,000 ft), optimized detection of several cloud layers, simple eye-safe operation, service-friendly modular device design, various data telegrams including raw data
- RS485, LAN, RS232 oder Modem V.21, V22