WS401-UMB Smart Weather Sensor
Compact all-in-one weather sensor for measurement of temperature, relative humidity, precipitation and air pressure.
From the WS product family of professional intelligent measurement transducers with digital interface for environmental applications. Integrated design with ventilated radiation protection for measuring: Air temperature, relative humidity, precipitation and air pressure. One external temperature sensor is connectable.
- Temperature, relative humidity, precipitation and air pressure
- NTC/T, Capacitive/RH, Tipping bucket/Precipitation, MEMS capacitive/Pressure
- Compact all-in-one weather sensor, low power, aspirated radiation shield, open communication protocol
- RS485 with supported protocols UMB-Binary, UMB-ASCII, Modbus-RTU, Modbus-ASCII, XDR and SDI-12
Advantages of the Smart Weather Sensor WS401
- All-in-one housing concept of a compact weather sensor combining 4 measurement parameters in one housing with only one cable connection
- Built-in data pre-processing, universal interfaces and selectable output protocols
- Suitable for all climate zones; also for solar-powered automatic meteorological stations
- Ventilated temperature and humidity measurement according to WMO guidelines
Examples of use of the Smart Weather Sensor WS401
The robust and maintenance-free smart weather sensor WS401 is designed for professional meteorological applications in all climate zones. It delivers reliable data, even in extreme ambient conditions.
Examples of use:
- Weather observation for road and traffic control systems
- Automatic weather station / Automatic weather sensor (AWS)
- PV-Monitoring / Solar Monitoring on photovoltaic farms
- Hydro-meteorological stations
- Weather observation for building automation
- Weather stations at airports, marinas and onboard ships
- Integration into various other systems/solutions, where environmental data is needed...
Brochure - Lufft - Image brochure (EN)
Image Brochure with description of all Lufft market segments
Brochure - Lufft - Weather Critical Operations (EN)
Traffic weather, renewable energies and more
EU declaration of conformity - Lufft WS Family
EU declaration of conformity - Lufft WS Family
Firmware - WSXXX
For WSXXX device versions 1 - 29 (see serial number) / Für WSXXX Geräteversionen 1 - 29 (siehe Seriennummer)
Firmware - WSXXX v70
For WSXXX device versions ≥30 (see serial number)
Manual - Lufft UMB Config Tool (EN)
Manual - Lufft UMB Protocol (EN)
Manual - Lufft WSxxx weather sensor (EN)
Quickstart - Lufft WSXXX - Smart Weather Sensor Family (DE/EN)
Software - Lufft - ConfigTool .NET
Software - UMB Config Tool
Video - Lufft: a passion for precision (Corporate Video)
Video - WS product family - Integration of external sensors
Video - WS product family: 10 Years Lufft WS Product Family - A Success Story
Video - WS product family: Our modular concept of the WS-family
|Dimensions||Ø ca. 150mm, height ca. 380mm|
|Weight||Approx. 1.5 kg|
|Interface||RS485, 2-wire, half-duplex|
|Power supply||4 ..11…32 VDC|
|Power supply||5…11 VDC (electronics with limited precision of measurements)|
|Power supply||24 VDC +/- 10% (heater)|
|Power consumption||40 VA (heater)|
|Operating temperature||-50 ... 60°C (with heater)|
|Operating rel. humidity||0 ... 100% RH|
|Protection level housing||IP66|
|Mast mounting suitable for||mast diameter 60 - 76mm|
|Measuring range||-50 ... 60 °C|
|Accuracy||±0.2°C (-20 ... 50°C), otherwise ±0.5°C (>-30°C)|
|Measuring range||0 ... 100 % RH|
|Measuring range||300 ... 1200 hPa|
|Accuracy||±0.5 hPa (0...40°C)|
|Max. intensity||360 mm/h|
|Precipitation with reduction ring|
|Max. intensity||144 mm/h|
WS product family: Communication after protocol change
How to communicate with a WS-Sensor and the UMB-config-Tool if the protocol was changed for example to Modbus or SDI-12?
After a Reset ( switching On/Off the sensor) every WS-Senor will start up for the first 5 seconds in UMB-protocol and the standard baud rate of 19200Bd. Independend to the configured protocol and baudrate settings of the WS-Sensor.
In this first 5 Seconds you will be able to connect via UMB-config-Tool to the WS-Sensor after this first command was send the UMB-protocol will stay for 10 minutes after that it switches back to the original configured protocol. This Time will always be extended to 10 minutes if a new UMB command was send.
WS product family: SDI-12 wiring plan for Device version >= 42
How to connect a WS-sensor with a device version >= 42 (hardware version >=14) to a SDI-12 system?
The wiring plan has changed compared to the wiring plan of older WS-Sensor device versions.
The new wiring plan is:
- +VDD = brown
- GND = white
- SDI12_Signal = yellow
- SDI12_GND = white
This is also mentioned as a note in the latest WS-sensor manual in the section 8 Connections