Intelligent Active Road Sensor ARS31-UMB
The embedded active road weather sensor ARS31-UMB detects freezing temperatures independently from de-icing materials and is easy to maintain through its two parted housing…
The active road sensor ARS31 is installed flush with the road/runway surface and calculates the freezing temperature by means of active cooling and heating of the sensor surface. The freezing temperature measurement is independent of mixture. The two-section housing design allows the combined sensor/electronics unit to be removed for maintenance purposes at any time, in just a few minutes. In conjunction with interface converter 8160.UISO, the sensor can be built into new and existing UMB networks. Passive sensor IRS31 and active sensor ARS31 can be combined without difficulty, in fact this is recommended. The sensors are addressable and hence can be networked.
- freezing point
- active cooling and heating (Peltier element)
- Two part housing design allows easy maintenance/re-calibration, low energy consumption allows solar operation, freezing point determined independently from de-icing material
- Replaceable sensor/electronics
- Simulation of critical surface conditions in the avery near future
- Mixture-independent measurement
- Analog outputs in combination with 8160.UDAC
- For winter maintenance operators as part of road weather stations on roads, motorways, highways (municipalities, federal states and provinces)
- For smart cities
- For airports, installed on runway as important part of the IDS (ice detection system).
Firmware - Lufft - ARS31/ARS31Pro-UMB
Manual - Lufft-ARS31 ARS31Pro (EN)
Software - Lufft - ConfigTool .NET
Software - UMB Config Tool
Video - IRS31Pro/ARS31Pro: Installation of Lufft Road Sensors IRS31Pro and ARS31
Video - Lufft: a passion for precision (Corporate Video)
Video - ViewMondo Tutorial: The Management Software for Road Weather Stations
Download as PDF
Download as PDF
|Dimensions||Ø 120mm, height 50mm|
|Power supply||24 VDC ±10%|
|Connector||CAGE CLAMP, WAGO, (cross-section <0.5mm²)|
|Operating rel. humidity||0...100% RH|
|Power consumption||Approx. 30 W|
|Interface||RS485, baud rate: 2,400...38,400 bit/s (default: 19,200),|
|Measuring range||-40 ... 0 °C|
|Accuracy||±0.5°C RMS for freezing temperature > -15 °C, or ±1.5°C RMS for freezing temperature < -15 °C (with NaCI)|
IRS31Pro/ARS31Pro: How to install a Lufft Road Sensor?
In this Training Video, our service technician Jim Latimer explains, how to install Lufft Road Sensors.