Lufft Wins Road Weather Tender in Estonia
In a tender issued by the Estonian Road Administration (ERA), Lufft sensors were able to prevail against their competitors. Six new sets of road weather sensors (Visibility Sensor VS2k, Weather Sensor WS300, Precipitation Sensor R2S and Wind Sensor VENTUS) were installed by Teede Tehnokeskus in November 2018 along federal roads in Estonia.
WS300-UMB Smart Weather Sensor
Compact all-in-one weather sensor for measurement of temperature, relative humidity and air pressure.
Compact all-in-one weather sensor from the WS-Series. Measurement of temperature, relative humidity and air pressure.
- Temperature, relative humidity, air pressure
- NTC/T, Capacitive/RH, MEMS capacitive/Pressure
- Compact all-in-one weather sensor, low power, aspirated radiation shield, maintenance-free operation, open communication protocol
- RS485 with supported protocols UMB-Binary, UMB-ASCII, Modbus-RTU, Modbus-ASCII, XDR and SDI-12
Precipitation Sensor R2S-UMB - discontinued
The radar precipitation sensor Lufft R2S-UMB allows fast measurement of precipitation intensity and distinguishs between precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail). The operation is maintenance-free, thanks to radar measurement technology
The radar precipitation sensor Lufft R2S-UMB allows fast measurement of precipitation intensity and distinguishs between precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail). The operation is maintenance-free, thanks to radar measurement technology.
- Rain/precipitation quantity, rain/precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail)
- 24GHz Doppler radar
- Very fast response time, maintenance-free measurement, present weather detection
- RS-485, various RS-485-protocols
Visibility Sensor VS2k-UMB
New product version of the known Lufft VS20 visibility sensor with a measurement range of 10...2000m, easy calibration functionality, sea waterproof housing and (active) spider defence
The VS2k visibility sensor measures visibility up to 2000m, ideal for road traffic applications on motorways, highways or bridges. Long life time is guaranteed thanks to the sea-water proof housing design.
- Visibility (measuring range 10 ... 2000 m, resolution 1 m)
- 45° forward light scattering
- suitable for extreme ambient conditions, active spider defence, seawater resistant, compatible interfaces
- RS-485, analogue output
VENTUS-UMB Ultrasonic Wind Sensor
Extremely precise and maintenance-free measurement of wind speed and wind direction even in the lowest temperature
Thanks to the ultrasonic measuring method the wind sensor Lufft Ventus has no moving parts and therefore needs almost no maintenance. It measures wind speed and wind direction according to the WMO guideline and acquires the barometric pressure.
- Wind speed, wind direction, virtual temperature, barometric pressure
- Wind detection with birdproof construction, maintenance-free measurement, suitable for extreme ambient conditions, ice-free operation, vibration and seawater resistant, compatible interfaces
- SDI-12, RS-485 with supported protocols Binary, ASCII, NMEA, Modbus & analogue output