Ceilometer Network "ALICEnet"
ALICEnet is a network of measuring stations operated by Italian research institutions and environmental authorities to improve the multidisciplinary use of environmental data. It is able to generate an atmospheric profile in real time, carried out by automatic Lidar ceilometers (ALC) installed throughout Italy. A database with measurement results from previous studies is also provided (yellow ALC symbols).
The ALC profiling provides the following information:
- Mixed layer height (height of pollutant dispersion)
- Temporal height distribution of particles
- Presence and concentration of Saharan, fire and volcanic aerosols
- Cloud height
- Fog level
The provided information is used in meteorology, air quality, environmental as well as aviation safety and climate studies.
The published data is preliminary and copyrighted by the station operators.
The LIDAR-based cloud height sensor / ceilometer CHM 15k is prepared to work throughout the year and in any climate
Exact results due to high sensitivity of the used lidar sensor technology! Reliable and accurate results at any time of the day or night are ensured by long-life laser sources, filters with narrow bandwidth and high-sensitivity photodetectors.
- Aerosol backscatter profile, cloud base height, cloud penetration depth, aerosol layer height, cloud cover, vertical visibility, Sky Condition Index
- Optical (LIDAR)
- Measuring range up to 15 km (50,000 ft), optimized detection of several cloud layers, simple eye-safe operation, service-friendly modular device design, various data telegrams including raw data
- RS485, LAN, RS232 oder Modem V.21, V22