StaRWIS installation in St. Gallen, Switzerland
The city's civil engineering office equipped St. Gallen in Switzerland with an innovative road weather system. It consists of the contactless surface sensor StaRWIS delivering the road conditions dry, damp, wet, icy, snow-covered, critically wet and chemically wet. Furthermore, it is able to output road surface temperatures, water films up to 6 mm, dew point temperatures, relative humidity, ice percentage and weather-related friction. In addition, a WS400 All-in-One weather sensor measures ambient temperature, relative humidity, precipitation intensity, type of precipitation, precipitation amount and air pressure. The values help with (winter) road maintenance and traffic management.
Compact all-in-one weather sensor for measurement of temperature, relative humidity, precipitation intensity, precipitation type, precipitation quantity and air pressure.
Compact all-in-one weather sensor from the WS-Series. Measurement of temperature, relative humidity, precipitation intensity, precipitation type, precipitation quantity and air pressure.
- Temperature, relative humidity, precipitation intensity, precipitation type, precipitation quantity and air pressure
- NTC/T, Capacitive/RH, MEMS capacitive/Pressure, 24 GHz Doppler radar/Precipitation
- Compact all-in-one weather sensor, low power, heater, aspirated radiation shield, maintenance-free operation, open communication protocol
- RS485 with supported protocols UMB-Binary, UMB-ASCII, Modbus-RTU, Modbus-ASCII, XDR and SDI-12
For stationary operations we further developed the innovation award-winning mobile road weather Sensor MARWIS - this is StaRWIS!
StaRWIS is the first non-invasive road and runway weather sensor detecting road conditions, temperatures, friction and other parameters based on innovative LED Technology...
- Road condition (dry, moist, wet, ice, snow, slush, chemically wet), road surface temperature, water film height, dew point temperature, relative humidity, ice percentage, friction (calculated)
- Optical LED transmitters, photo receivers, pyrometer, infrared
- non-invasive, plug and play, 100 measurement per second, multifunctional, wireless data transfer, no moving parts
- Bluetooth, RS485, CAN-Bus, UMB - protocol